Tuesday, May 06, 2008

On Rest

Rest.

Somehow I don't seem to get enough of it, regardless of the amount I sleep. It's been a long while since I woke up in the morning feel fresh and alive, even on weekends where I sleep in for an extra couple of hours, and then followed by another 2 hour nap in the afternoon post lunch. Kinda sucks coming to work all bleary eyed and feeling like you're going to collapse any moment.

Take last night for example.

Mondays are usually bad days for me in terms of rest, as I always end my Sundays totally shattered. So coming home from work on Mondays means I feel the full brunt of the weekend's exertions, and yesterday evening was no exception. So in obeying the desires/need of my body, I decided to take a nap in the evening - though it was more like proper sleep since I completely died in that 1 1/2 hours. Waking up feeling groggy and all, did the usual dinner and post dinner stuff on a Monday night. Come midnight, went to bed feeling tired, lay down, and my brain decides to wake up and go for a walk. So there I was tossing and turning not being able to sleep, and when I eventually did, all I had was lots of weird dreams which involved a lot of exertion, running around doing stuff.

And then I wake up today morning, feeling no better than how I felt when I woke up yesterday morning.

It's a vicious cycle.

1 comment:

Affiliate Marketer said...

It's a sign. time for a retreat. life retreat. :D:D:D