Friday, April 25, 2008

I feel so so old.

In my attempts to be more sociable with people around me (read: social experiment #1), last night I agreed to join some of my church's campus students for a movie outing.

And boy, I'm feeling the age gap.

You see, being a dec baby, I'm quite used to being the youngest among my group of friends that I hang out with. Most of my friends are at least my age, or older. Last night was a complete role reversal. Many jokes were made by them, of which none did I understand. The cake came when a friend of mine was telling me about this comedian he saw on you tube, and how I should go check it out etc... which at that moment it dawned on me that the only YouTube videos that are non music or football related which I watch nowadays are Barak Obama's presidential campaign speeches.

To top it off, while everyone was hyper at about 9pm lining up for popcorn, I was yawning. zzzzzzz. And I still am.

Old old old old old.

On other fronts, we watched Forbidden Kingdom. The movie.., man I dunno what to say. I found the production more funny than the show itself. It felt kinda B grade, with the flying martial (I initially typed "marshall" -_-" ) arts and all that, but it was quite nostalgic for me to see sun wu kong (the monkey king) again in a movie. Brought back childhood memories. But all in all I quite enjoyed it.

No comments: