Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blunders and Bloopers

When I was a young boy at the wee age of 10, my dad imparted to me very profound words of wisdom, which somehow rather unfortunately went unheeded by me up to this day. It's called:

"Read properly."

-_-"

Sometimes regulatory work can be a tad bit mundane, but occasionally something comes up. Unfortunately for me, this time the "something" that came up was a mistake entirely down to my inability to read off the correct column, resulting in a rather embarassing conversation with another company's actuary.

"Well, if you take the figure from the 'Business Outside Malaysia' column and add it with the figure from the 'Business Within Malaysia' column, you will get the figure in the report."

"oh...whoops."

*smacks self on forehead*

Ughh. Shy only.

No comments: