Friday, March 16, 2007

Reviews, reviews

It's time for a review.

Simply because I say so =p

Term 1 Review
Jan exam results came back recently(they sure took about 300 years to mark it) , and overall I did OK I think. I felt errr... nothing when my results got back. Usually i'll be jumping for joy or wallowing in despair (generally the latter), but this time, I didn't feel much. In fact all I felt was sleepy. I think its a process called aging. Oh well, screw exams. But on the other hand, 3 MORE PAPERS TO GO AND I GRADUATE!!! WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA! *points finger at medical students and ...* *cough* Just realized that I could jinx myself if I'm not careful here.

Term 2 review
Its like week 8 of the term (out of 11), and I've already declared myself graduated as far as classes are concerned, which in my case means I intend to ponteng lectures for the rest of the term (oops did I say that out loud?). But seriously, this term so far has been absolute PWNAGE. I mean like, ABSOLUTE. Those babi fellas decided to condense the most most most (3x for extra emphasis) difficult modules of the course in the final term. And I've 3 courseworks sitting on my table while I wait for one of my friends to finish them so I can rephrase them in my own words.

Not to mention an FYP that is still pending my supervisor's approval ><

Food Review
After 2 1/2 years in London, I finally found a place that serves food that I would say is decent enough to be called Malaysian (and no, no matter what you insist, C n R just doesn't quite cut it). It's this place called Hare and Tortoise in Brunswick Court near the Russell Square tube station. The curry mee I had today was just...amazing. I downed the whole gigantic bowl of curry soup. *happiness* Must make it a weekly visit from now on.

Movie Review
I caught the sneak preview(early preview, early release whatever you call it) of the movie 300 today as well. It's a movie based around Frank Miller's graphic novel (as least that's what I've heard from the trailers), and the entire movie (or almost all of it) is CGI rendered. Which is amazingly cool. Which also at the same time, led to a ridiculous amount of slow motion scenes, facial shots for example, where animators are keen to show that now they've managed to make human faces more realistic (instead of settling of polygonal shapes for faces that can only look good in shows like toy story). The movement of the hair, the twitch of the eye, the changes in the facial expressions, sweat droplets dripping down, all very impressive. But at the same time having no point to the story at all. Not to mention a few ridiculous sex/nude scenes (which again has no bearing to the story whatsoever, but I get the feeling that those guys were trying to show err...different positions that 2 people can errr... share some intimacy). AND TEH BLOOD. ZOMG TEH BLOOOOODDDDD. It was everywhere. Every thrust of the sword/spear/shield brought out blood droplets flying in the air in slow motion, splattering here and there. Almost poetic....NOT.

But anyways, this movie should be a age 21 rating -18 is actually ok but I just wanna rub it in to the teenagers. And the newly 20 year olds :D

-----------------------------------------------------------
Turning to other matters,

GOOGLE AND YOUTUBE I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME BACK MY WEEK!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, don't forget to check out the Ah Long Bukit Beruntung link, and also the Tommy Emmanuel ones. Go for the full DVD one if you have a relatively decent internet connection and 2 hours to kill. It's so good, I watched it TWICE in a row.

YOUTUBE I WANT MY LIFE BACKKKKKKKKK!!!

2 comments:

Affiliate Marketer said...

yo bro~ hahaha...how u doing over there...300 is awesome man...for guys is the fight scenes...hands, heads and feet flying everywhere..for gals..it's jz for them to gawk over 300 beefed up guys covered in sweat and spandex running around in red capes beating their chests..hahaha...nah..they cool..they cool..chill bro..u getting more stress than me d..kekeke..

Anonymous said...

1. don't rely on my version of courseworks to "rephrase".. cos im relying on all of u all..

2. im surprised u just found out about hair and tortise.. it was there quite some time already.