Monday, January 17, 2005

too lazy to do this properly

I'm too lazy too get my blog set up properly. At the moment, its only linked to two of my friends here in city university, and that was also because of experimenting on html text and all that. i guess i'll just leave my blog in its sad case for the moment.
Today's message in church was good. Topic was on praise and worship and why we do our jumping, screaming, hand lifting and all those during service. So WHY???? Why then do we do it?
As the pastor pointed out, its pretty normal for ppl to jump to the beat in a U2 concert, normal to life your hands up and wave it during a Robbie Williams show, normal to clap your hands off when Tina Turner comes on stage(who the heck is she anyway???), or jumped up like a madman screaming "YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" when your favourite football team scores a goal. But then all of a sudden its weird when people in church do it. Point is, its a natural human response. Period. Thats how we are made. Its like how when you hear a noise behind you your head turns to that direction. So why not then jump to a beat and sing your heart out during praise and worship and give a loud shout of acknowledgement that God is good?
But more importantly about the message was what praise and worship is about. Well, basically praise is a way of saying and declaring out loud "God You are good" and about all of the good and awesome things He has done for us, and also a decision we make to praise God in spite of sucky circumstances, and through that, paving a way to invite His presence to where we are. And we worship God not to appease God. The pastor said something that made me think a little.
"We become what we worship"
And that is why God wants us to worship Him. He wants us to be more like Him. And that is why He will not have us worship other things or people or whatever. He wants the best for us.
Amazing eh? What a cool and awesome God we have....

Now i've gotta get back to my vacumming. Maybe properly set up my blog. Maybe......

Note: This is just a statement of my views and what I believe in. No insult or offense intended to those of other religions and beliefs. My apoligies if it offended you, do tell me and i will remove this post. Not that anybody reads this anyway...haha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I was just looking at different blogs, and I randomly came upon yours. I want to congratulate you for "moving up in the world" and joining the ranks of those who blog. I like the way you've written thus far, so keep it up. I also like what you wrote in this post; the message is very true. Yes, what an awesome God we have.
I hope you get your blog set up just right!
God bless.
~Amy the Asome Frosh

Zac said...

daniel, i don't see any wrong in posting this kind of post.
1st of all.. this blog is ur own personal one. so who is to say that your post is wrong
2ndly.. to post it is also to state to the world that "hey, everyone, this is my faith and my believes, love me or hate me, i won't change it"

welcome to the web, it's quite simple while you learn html but it gets harder when cgi, php, mySQL, flash and all those other sort comes in..
but learn slowly, take 1 thing at a time, go learn HTML and start on CSS. it is a very powerful tool and helps you a lot in producing crisp HTML code

daniel lee said...

thxs bro :)