Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's been a while..

Heck i should really be looking up on my stats so that I don't die so fast in class tommorow but, I guess what's life without a little disruption to routine....

Just got my 3MBps internet line a few days ago, and ever since then I've been going on a downloading frenzy. However, as my other housemates(i.e Alvin) is also busy downloading and eating up bandwidth, the connection aint exactly flying at the moment. I guess we'll just have to wait for the saturation point where everyone exhaust's their HDDs and CDRs. But no matter, cos that will take a while. I guess we might even run out of things to download at this rate.

My bank statement came today and it wasn't a pretty sight. Been overspending again. Haha...funny how even when I live in this cheap ass place in London which supposedly gives me more room to save money, I end up just spending more money than before and whatever benefits of staying in a cheaper place has been negated. Oh well, at least that means i can enjoy more material comforts in life...for now. Till the money runs out. Or I learn prudency. Whichever comes 1st, although most likely they'll come hand in hand.

But anyways I'll be off to Manchester this coming weekend, to see the city and also to go to the famed Lake District nearby(another money burning weekend). Will be meeting up with some of my secondary school mates. Interesting how things have developed as I would never have forseen this back then in my secondary school days, I mean, going for a trip together (!) in the UK (!!!!!).

Also I've been mulling over the possibility of me buying a new electric guitar. I've already saw the one I wanted, it's a Tanglewood. Not too sure of the model name, in fact i have no clue, but i remember the beautiful sweet acoustic sound that eminated(is there such a word??) from it... but it's freaking 300 pounds. GAH! Should i spend the money or not...I don't know. think think think think think...........

And I'e just finished watching a movie that I loved so much(and still do) as a kid...TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE. wahah....man it rocks. Felt like a 4 year old again watching autobots kick deceptercons ass...man i need help. But anyways it was nice to watch it again and be reminded of my childhood days. Like how I watched it so many times last time til the tape spoiled. Praise God for CDs nowadays. And my new housemate, George is a fan too and he said we could go to HMV and get all 3 seasons(!!!!!) for 15 pounds. Man sounds like a bargain to me. I guess there goes my budget...and my 2nd year.

2nd year has been cool so far, really been enjoying it. I've got really excellent housemates, nice and really really funny folks. Very entertaining to be in the same house. Thank God for them. Uni hasn't been that evil (yet), so i have time to loaf about and debate whether or not i wanna play guitar or go out or read a book or do something else. Speaking of guitars, i still need to nail that stupid solo for civil war. really can't comprehend how a simple wah pedal can make a riff sound so complicated till i can't pick out what exactly is being played. I need to get a Wah pedal too ( there goes the budget again...) POKAI LA!

Recently i've started to subscribe to The Economist magazine. It's really cheap over here, but more than that i take it as a desperate bid to improve my knowledge of economies and whatever the heck is happening out there in the world today. Somehow after sometime whatever my dad says makes some sense. So reading is the way to go, wish me all the best in my plans. And i can't believe i'm saying this but i'm kinda excited at the prospect that i'll be learning multiple intergration...woo hoo....man i need to be slapped. But i'm looking foward to it. I might even start ahead of the lecturer ( now that's plain loco...)

And on to more serious matters. Was talking to a friend of mine in Uni. The guy is from Zimbabwe, and the situation over there in their country is not good. Hyperinflation(which means that the country's currency is of no value) has wiped out the entire nation's economy, due to rulers who are incompetent and just plain greedy. And it makes me realise at times how ungrateful we are about our nations and rulers, we complain about so many things but forget to give thanks for the overall well being of our nations. I mean, what the heck is a late bus compared to people who has seen 20 years of savings dissappear overnight. And man, what he's going through now is no joke. I have a newfound respect for that guy. He's awesome, realising his responsibility and the weight of the burden that he carries, yet he shoulders it without complaining and takes it like a real man. Unlike some of us who claim to be "man" and measure it by stupid things.

But anyways, i guess that's enough for now....stil wondering whether i should start my stats or procrastinate even further. we'll see i guess...

No comments: