Saturday, August 27, 2005

Not too good

These past few days haven't been too good. Got hit by the flu bug again, of which made me realise that i fall sick on average once every 3 weeks. Which is not a good thing when u have plans made for the week ahead which have to all be cancelled because of some damned flu. And to make things worse, i woke up yesterday morning feeling as if my right eyelids had been glued together. Mumbling incoherent curses to myself as i climbed out of bed straight to the bathroom to spit phelgm and look at my eye. I mumbled another curse when i saw my eye. Conjunctivitis! BAH!

Feeling pissed off and decidedly feeling pissed for the rest of the day, I took a shower and headed of to the local clinic. Driving there and still muttering curses at my ill health and just plain rotten luck at getting sore eyes I took a wrong turn and headed to town instead of the clinic, of which I realised instantly, and yell out another curse. And from the corner of my eye I saw another motorist waiting at a red light on the opposite side of the road turn and look bewilderedly at me. Must be all the loud mouthed cursing, I thought as I made a U turn back in the right direction. For those who are surprised at all my cursing confessions, I'm a lot more verbally expressive when I'm alone and pissed at something. Try not to do it but it happens sometimes.

Reaching the clinic did put a lot of things into perspective for me. Sitting down waiting for my turn, you see people coming in for checkups for hypertension, a sick man with his three young children waiting for their turn and their mom nowhere to be seen, and old man slowly shuffling to his seat, a young boy waiting with his mom...the list goes on.

Which struck me when I compared the magnitude of my sorrows to theirs. Whats a little flu and a sore eyes. Plenty of discomfort and inconvenience of course, but no more than that. And I guess I went away from the clinic a better person than before, maybe not physically, but a little bit more grateful for what I have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*clears throat and wipe some snort of the nose with the pack of tissues beside me*


And last night before i slept i was thinking about how much of the holidays i had left. Slightly under a month. How time flies again. Soon it'll be time to go back to london again. Which then my thoughts strayed to all the stuff i had planned to do and what have i actually manage to do. Here's a little list:

  • Plan 1 - Practice guitar 8 hours a day everyday for 4 months and play like Slash at the end of it. In truth, on a very good day I'd get down 5 hours of practice, and some days i didn't touch my guitar at all cos i was too busy saving Middle Earth or taking over Vice City. And I'm still stuck at that same spot for GNR's Sweet Child of Mine. A little bit closer though.
  • Plan 2 - Sleep early, wake up early. Never happened.
  • Plan 3 - Go swimming every day in the morning, do some other sports in the evening in the hope that i might build up some muscle. Went swimming for about 2 months, never did sports in the evening cos i was sleeping/killing orcs, and no muscles built. In fact am skinnier that before.
  • Plan 4 - Go travelling around Malaysia, Kinabalu, Tioman, Penang and also visit Singapore. Got as far as Kinabalu and went bankrupt after that. Talk about money laundering.
  • Plan 5 - Buy my younger brother a drum kit. Went broke as described above.
  • Plan 6 - Read a number of books. Read one book, When Heaven is Silent by Rob Dunn. But that was about it though.
  • Plan 7 - Spent about a month in Subang with friends. Been there for about 5 days only. Not entirely my fault though, circumstances have dictated otherwise. But it was one of the best times i had so far since I got back.
  • Plan 8 - Recover my lost footballing skills. Kicked a ball about my lawn about twice I think.

Well I guess this just goes to show that life never goes as planned. Strive for idealism we can, but its all strife at the end I guess. At least for me. Bwahaha.

*cough cough cough cough*

6 comments:

daniel lee said...

Thx hydrocone. And Xabi...all the best to reaching alonso's level...one more month to go. lol

I'm not the chipmunk said...

and maybe Mr Being Truthful may visit you in Sept

daniel lee said...

visit me where? melaka or london?

I'm not the chipmunk said...

melaka la... hhaa

don't tell me u going back very early

daniel lee said...

call me la when u come... 0162311299. but i'll be in subang on the 7th to 14th though. Will be flying on 20th

Anonymous said...

I was sad to see that on your Blog site you have "Before the Throne of God Above" and list it as your favourite hymn (one of my favourites too) andyet, in this particular post you use lots of swearing. I'm confused. Are you a Christian? If so, why are you swearing on your Blog? You have to actually THINK about swearing onto the keyboard, it's not like it just pops out of your mouth accidentally. I'm disappointed by that.