Saturday, July 30, 2005

Of Cousins, George Benson and Swims

Right now i have my 5 year old cousin, Abigail, sitting next to me, driving me absolutely nuts. As I'm typing i this she is playing with my Logitech Mouse moving the mouse cursor ALL OVER the screen. And at the same time I'm assuring my grandma that i'll try my best not to get blown up when go back to london after the summer. Anyways, my little cousin came over to my place this morning and invaded my personal space. Everything that i wanted to do has come to a standstill, put off and taken over by the No. 1 priority of entertaining the 5 year old. Now it's no easy task entertaining a hyperactive 5 year old. Playing lego means building a little house with her, and then playing an imaginary i-live -with-you-in-the-same-house-let's-go shopping-together-in-little-Lego-cars for about as long as 2 lifetimes, then proceeding to playing ball with her, and finally when i ran out of ideas, i opened Microsoft Word and left her "play typing" with the laptop. Now this day has really gave me serious thoughts of whether getting married and having kids is actually such a blessing. I mean, man, the kid demands 24-HOUR-UNWAVERING-PLAY-WITH-ME attention. This is crazy. okok... i needa get a grip on things and move on.

Anyways I've been out swimming the past week every morning. The nice cool water has some fantastic calming effect in the ridiculously hot and humid weather here. You just feel like chilling out in the big nice olympic size MPMBB pool forever and ever, until the siren blast goes off and tells u its time to get up out of the pool. Funny thing about there(MPMBB pool) the lockers have no wristbands where you can tie the key round your wrist while you swim. And i kept my key in err...the side of my swimming trunks. And expectedly it got lost. So you can imagine the searching that ensued. And of which i couldnt find it. Until i stood up and walk out of the pool and look down and notice something wasnt right about the shape. I leave the rest to you. But point is i got the key back and my stuff out of the locker *grins*

Bought 2 cds yesterday. Got myself that Lakewood CD that I always wanted. Its awesome. Just so good. Been listening to it ever since. And also a Geroge Benson: The Greatest Hits Ever CD. Not bad, i kinda like it, but i wish there were more songs which were heavier on guitars. There's some ballads in there which just dont really appeal to me. But having said that, he's one heck of a guitarist.

---------------------

And some wonderful things that happened the last week. I was quite concerned about my housing situation in London for next year as there was plenty of uncertainty of whether i would have a place to stay, housemates, etc and all that stuff. So as I was wondering what was the best approach to it i askerd God about it. And true enough, in His goodness, an answer came the very next day and the situation of the house is settled with very favourable terms. Praise God for that!

Another incident was my guitar case which was damaged on the way back from UK. Had tried to repair it but the lock's permanently screwed. Also the guitar had bits and pieces falling out. Lodge a complain to MAS a month ago but no reply. Decided to bring it to God again...and next day I get a phone call from my travel agent saying that MAS had replied and will reimburse me 160USD! How awesome is that?

Thank You Jesus!

No comments: