Monday, March 14, 2005

Of time, friends and love

Another week has gone by. And its sunday evening again, after church, and tommorow is the monday. A week drawn to a close, another week looming ahead..and passing by soon. I guess some of us never really appreciate time when we have it. And then often we run short of it, then complaining about how we have no time while we took it for granted when it was there all along. Was chilling out in my room after a long day not too long ago, reflecting on life in london so far. And it suddenly struck me that i've been here for a full 6 months. Which then made me think of how i've improved as a person, what have i accomplished, what have i done to be a friend to others and so on. "Not much.." i realised. Very much to my shock and fear. And time that has gone by can't be regained. And then you wish you can turn back time, which you cant of course. All you can do is try to make up for lost time, and hope you not lose focus again.
And reflecting on life, makes you think a lot about the friendships you have formed and made. I have never placed( or rather, fully understood) the issue of taking time out from your schedule to build relationships of such high importance till i came over here. Family, friends here, friends back home. Don't know what made me realize that. Maybe its the london air or the little bits of wisdom you get when u get older.
Speaking of which, you never know how much you love someone till something happens to that person.No i'm not talking about romantic love which the world so often sells and potrays, the best way to describe it is probably the same kind of love you have for a family member, a brother or a sister. Love that was formed by close and strong friendship. Unconditional and pure. Reading my friend's recent post on the lost of another friend made me think back on the events of that happened earlier in the week, where something i thought never possible happened to someone closest to me. Never thought i'd feel such anguish with concern and worry because of someone. Though it was never really a matter of life and death, I couldn't begin to imagine how my life would be like if i never met that person, be inspired, encouraged and loved. Definately nowhere near where or who i am today. Probably still wasting it away. Life that i was never really meant to have anyway. Only because of grace.
At the end of the day, what struck me was the realisation of how important people are. Family, friends, acquantainces, strangers on the street, they all matter. So here's a thank you to all of you, that have played a part in this life of mine, being there when i needed your support and encouragement, a friendly smile, or even if it was just taking time out talking crap together. A very big thank you.
I guess you can never underestimate the impact you can have on someone's life. Cherish people. Cherish life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my pleasure, bro.
my pleasure